Can I Appeal My Probation Conditions In Kentucky?

March 25th, 2014 by Attorney Dan Carman

Lexington KY misdemeanor lawyer

Probation is discretionary with the trial court, and is often ordered by the court as a result of a guilty plea. When someone pleads guilty, he or she usually (but not always) gives up his or her right to appeal the case.

Typically, one is not able to “appeal” the conditions of one’s probation. If you seek to have your probation modified, you should speak to an attorney.

If you (or a loved one) have been arrested in Kentucky or in the Lexington area in particular, call my office at (859) 685-1055 for a free consultation with an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Kentucky.

Attorney Dan Carman

Attorney Dan CarmanFocusing on criminal matters, Mr. Carman is admitted to practice law in all Courts of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, and the United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit. He is a member of the American, Kentucky, and Fayette County Bar Associations. Mr. Carman also worked as a prosecutor, as well as a legal assistance attorney. Attorney Dan Carman can help you with any criminal defense matters you may need including; DUI, drug, and weapons charges, trespassing, traffic violations and more. [ Attorney Bio ]